John L. Elwell, CPA & JD

(214) 739-7100

Phone Number

Fees vary depending on the specifics/scope of your particular situation.

Consultation (In-office & Telephone Meetings): $255 per hour

Includes initial needs analysis, question/answer during tax preparation and planning.

Business Return Preparation: from $575

This fee assumes that you provide up-to-date, electronic financial statement data.*

Individual Return Preparation: from $350

This fee assumes that all of your records are current.*

Additional Returns and Forms: $255 per hour

If you have additional tax returns — such as Franchise, Property, or Excise — we’ll provide an estimate.

IRS-related Services: $255 per hour

Fees for handling audits, unfiled taxes, late taxes, and other disputes involving IRS, state, or local jurisdictions are charged hourly. While a fixed estimate is not feasible, we make every effort to get an expeditious resolution.

Monthly Accounting: from $275 per month (fixed rate)
  • Monthly Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
  • Monthly bank and merchant account reconciliation
  • QuickBooks set-up, maintenance, support, and training
  • General data entry
Payroll Services: from $25 per month
  • Bi-weekly payroll including federal deposit processing
  • Quarterly payroll form 941 and state unemployment forms
  • Annual 940, W-2, and 1099 forms

*Paper records requiring manual data entry will incur an additional hourly fee.

We accept cash and check

Return Preparation: a retainer equal to 75% of the fee estimate is due when we begin your tax return(s). The remaining 25% is due upon completion of the tax return(s) and prior to filing.**

IRS and State-related Services: a $1,250 retainer (8 hours) will be collected when we begin work. It covers initial services such as information-gathering, research, conference calls, and documentation required prior to meeting with the IRS. Time reconciliations and payments (if any) will be established at the end of this period.

**Returns are filed electronically, and a PDF copy is provided to you. A paper printout will incur a small charge.